Many people believe that the Earthway 1001-B Precision Garden Seeder is the perfect row crop planter for large flower and veggie gardens.
It’s a hassle-free and efficient way of planting a wide array of seeds, and it includes 6 standard plates for seeding beans (18103), carrots (18102), radishes (18101), sweet corns (18100), small peas (18104), and beets (18105). You can also purchase separate seeds plates for seeding lima beans, light carrots, popcorn, cucumbers, and broccoli.
Operating this row crop planter is really easy. Simply install the seed plate required for your seed and then change the ground opener depth and set up the 76-cm aluminum row marker for your desired width. After, you can fill the hopper with seeds, and you’re good to go.
Here are few other features of the Earthway 1001-B Precision Garden Seeder that worth a mention:
- 76cm (30 inches) aluminum row marker
- Fully adjustable ground opener
- Cover chain
- Rust-resistant wheels
- Heavy-duty, all-weather construction
It is also important to note that the Earthway 1001-B Precision Garden Seeder is covered by a 5-Year Limited Warranty.
Note: Assembly is required.
Product Dimensions: 27.3 x 7.5 x 7.9 inches ; 8.3 pounds
Shipping Weight: 9.2 pounds
- It works efficiently – creates straight rows, precise depth, covers the seeds, and marks the next row for you.
- The design of this tool is unique. There are only around three companies that currently manufacture this kind of seeder, which includes Earthway.
- Assembling it is effortless and quick (it takes 10 minutes, more or less).
- Compared to manual seeding, this will certainly save you the backaches and a great amount of time. You can reduce hours of seeding and sowing to a few minutes (15 to 25 minutes).
- Earthway’s customer service support is quick and responsive.
- For most consumers, this is not a too expensive choice.
- This is perfect for individuals who are untrained and don’t have the know-how about planting crops the right way.
Most consumers feel that the materials are of average-low quality.
It has a hard time moving through dry, crusted, lumpy, or trash-filled soil.
It is said to drop seeds irregularly and pops them out suddenly.
Should You Grab This Garden Seeder?
Compared to sowing by hand, the Earthway 1001-B Precision Garden Seeder is definitely much better. But is it worth your money and attention?
Well, if you have a big garden with plenty of seeds to plant, this is a good option. It generally works great, especially if the ground is loose. However, it’s difficult to push on soils that are lumpy or crusted.
Overall, the Earthway 1001-B Precision Garden Seeder is a good row crop planter that would pay for itself in a day, depending on the soil condition. In terms of value for money, it is simply great and most consumers will probably really love it.
With that said, if you can afford to spend $300 or more, it will probably be a better choice for you to invest in other high-end devices…