With advancement in technology we have been introduced to power tools which were either gas powered or electrically powered. This has reduced the manual effort and time to complete a task like cutting and pruning trees using chain saws. People would think that an electric saw is no match to gas powered chain saws, wait till you work with WORX WG303.1. This 16 inch 14.5 Amp electrically powered chain saw is powerful enough to take fight to gas powered similar sized chain saws.
Traditionally chain saws have been gas powered as cutting down trees or pruning required power, this has been easily achieved by the 3.5 HP motor in this electric chain saw. It is a must tool for people who rarely use chain saw on their property as this will eliminate the maintenance cost and also set up time, you would not need to clean, refill gas before saw is powered rather just plug it in.
The WORX WG303.1 Electric Chain Saw
This WORX WG303.1 chainsaw is indeed not made for lumberjacks. But if you have property with trees then you should have this. This will help you in bringing trees of 15 inch diameter down easily. The chain saw is environment friendly as there is no emission.
Contrary to popular belief the 14.5 Amp motor provides a peak of 3.5 HP which is comparable to any gas powered chain saw, it might not be power packed but does have enough power to perform the cutting with ease.
The design of the rear handle with rubber grip makes it comfortable to hold and work with. The chain saw also does not vibrate a lot as it is not gas powered so working for longer duration is easy and without discomfort.
The chain saw is very safe and secure; it has a chain brake facility which stops the saw blade instantaneously. When the power is removed then also the chain stops easily. The saw also has a very low kickback chain hence making it more secure and safe to work with.
Easy to Use
The patented features like tool free tensioning system and automatic oiler for the chain and bar ensures that the functioning of the chain saw is easy.
- Motor type: Electric
- Motor Amp: 5
- Electric Cord: 2 Feet
- Weight: 11 Pounds
- Max Motor Power: 5 HP
- Tensioning System: Yes
- Chain Size: 16 Inches
- Chain Brake: Yes
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Assembly Required: Yes
From time to time we all need chain saws on our property either to prune braches or clear the branches from the back yard, or piling up firewood. Do you really want to take trouble of using a gas powered chain saw when similar power and better performance can be delivered by WORX WG303.1. There are numerous unique points which makes it a must have for any household.
- Lower Maintenance: The maintenance cost of this saw is much lesser than a gas powered one; all you need to do is clean is properly and store it. It will work like charm next time when you plug it in. It also has chain tighter which is automatic; it works well keeping correct tension on saw. The chain attachment can also be removed without tools making maintenance easy and hassle free.
- Powerful Enough: Although it is not as powerful as gas powered saws, but it provides ample power to bring down 15 in diameter trees without difficulty.
- Safe to Use: It has numerous safety features like chain brake, which stops the chain and saw instantaneously when sued.
- Quieter: As compared to gas powered chain saw the vibrations are lesser and so is the noise levels, but it is advised to use ear protection while working.
- Can you provide enough features and benefits to please all, the answer is a no.
- Short Power Cord: The power cord is short; 2 feet and the maximum length of 14 gauge extension cord that can be used is 50 feet. If you still feel that it can be short for reaching in accessible places then get a portable generator.
- Chain Saw oil consumed quickly: The Electric saw uses thin and less viscous oil than its gas powered cousins and hence the oil is used up a lot, a hind sight in flawless power tool.
We tried to provide honest opinion on why you can choose a WORX WG303.1 electric chain saw, let revisit them. The chain saw is environment friendly as it works on electric power so there is no emission. The power provided by the motor is adequate for normal tasks like cutting and pruning. The maintenance of this saw is much easier than its gas powered competition. It is safe and secure to work with due to numerous features like chain brake, etc.
If you use chain saw very rarely but you do use it say once a quarter or in six months then you must get an electric chain saw, as these reduce the preparation time. You can avoid refilling the gas, oil mix, cleaning the gas powered motor’s carburetor. These just need care and cleaning for being ready for the next use. Plug and enjoy the power of an electric saw which will tick all the right check boxes for you.